True Insight Comes From Within

Saturday, April 16

math competition

why not go for the math competition? actually i can. just pon SRP. not difficult. why not get a calculator? anw it will be got by a person strong in math again. ppl who r not good at math will still not get a chance. but still not feel like going...
why
fear to lose? maybe. do well in AIME, want carry on. but actually a lost is more suitable for me. it is the time to lose. who am I aft all? not a person gd at math, i hope.
Then y? maybe the calculator dun belong to me. And I am not interested. So need. Maybe too many ppl ask me for it, cant cope. Then just dun go. I forget my original reason ald.
……oh, remember. I dun want my name to be mentioned again.
When AIME results come out, seniors all say wuh so strong. Todae some gal even say I was powerful???? Sick. Nothing proud to be gd at math. I did not work hard at it. You wont be proud of it if e reputation is not earned by u. it is earned by luck.

Btw, want to say get v irritated when ppl in my class appear so cocky. Anw what is MAP??? School held the selection and form e class not to let them show off in front of their peers. They r just gd at math, NOTHING more. School forms the class is to let them compete wif top students from other schools, I mean RJ. When they satisfy just cuz they r better than their peers in the schools, I feel like to omit. Aft all When SMO comes, what can they do???? Earn the honour for school, or lose its face. When got 1 in AIME, I feel damn cold, feel hopeless of HC. What should we do, what can we do? Sit there, be laughed at by other JCs, laughing at our peers in the same school at e same time. So irony. So pitiful. So sad.
When I see ppl from other s3 classes, I feel like owing them something. When we get the chance to enter map instead of them, we ald owe them something. Can we live up to their expectations??? Can we live up to e school’s expectations??? Then How dare we laugh??? I dun have e face to…

3 Comments:

At April 17, 2005 11:31 AM, Blogger SenCordE said...

Why muz MAP students shoulder the responsibility to bring sch the honour? dun u think that the sch was atually doing itself a favour by putting the so-called the mathematically talented ppl into one class so that the so-called "competition" within the class can urge them forwards. But I think the competition was in fact pressurising most of us in the class. Not all of us r like shizhiming, denan, or shengtao, who can advance faster under higher pressure. At least for me, the reason why I lost interest and confidence in maths, and maybe physics soon, is largerly attributed to the fact that it is rilli difficult for me to see my progress in maths. I always lag behind the strong ppl, and the not so strong ppl are always catching up. So I have to work and work and work hard until I get bored and exhausted finally. MAP should not exist becoz it generates great pressure constantly and non-stop. At this age, not many ppl can endure that for long yet. Remember whenever u or me mentioned that we r in S31 to others PRCs, the first reaction they had was “wah! Very pressurized, right?”

I think I should not blame the MAP any more since it’s alr existed. but plz understand that MAP hasn’t provided us much related to the Olympiad yet. So far it has merely broadened our horizon only. It is the MOP students’ responsibility to win sch the honour in SMO, not MAP, although MOP is largely made up of s31.

 
At April 18, 2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

challenges are for those who are brave enough to face them. either beat the challenges or be beaten by the challenges,it depends on the mentality of people.

 
At April 18, 2005 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you r already very strong lah, the result can tell everything. Maybe it is really pathetic to see that the top of HC is not as strong as those in RJ, or even, will have a great lost. Thus it is really not necessary fot you to fell sad, just like one should not lose the momentun to carry on their lives just because they are poor or whatsoever.
Furthurmore, we should not feel sad or whatever about HC. It's our choices, or at least, it was our choices. So, what we can do is just contributing the most that we have, to bring the most so-called "honour" to the school. In fact, I thought that HC was only a ittle weaker than RJ when i was in sec years. But in fact, it's not comparable, isn't it? Look at our senior batch, their maths are even weaker than us , aren't they? So, there is really no need to feel so sorry about it.
加油!S31!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home