True Insight Comes From Within

Friday, July 8

BT

Just after my F math block test, I was so disappointed that I did not do well. Left 13 marks blank. What the … It was a long time since I met such a challenging paper.
But when I talked about this with mum, her reaction was, what are you thinking about?
Absolutely, what I am thinking about? Get 4As??? It is quite meaningless. Block test is used to tell you where you are, but not to show off anything. If I am only thinking about getting As, how can I put my best. After all, learning the stuff is much more important. If I was only looking at the results, but forget the intermediate steps, it will be a blunder. Mum said the only thing I get now is time, and hence I can afford to fail. If I dare not fall, I will never learn how to get up. If I really get a C, or even a fail, maybe the block test will be a more enriching experience.
Just use your time to do something meaningful. The results are far too unpredicted.

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2005 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we live, we die; we discover the truth of life, and love.

my favourite quote... wish you all the best

 
At August 26, 2005 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont like the comments they gave ...

anywae
Mum said the only thing I get now is time, and hence I can afford to fail. If I dare not fall, I will never learn how to get up.

I support this point of view .
The most cherishable character of youth is the opportunity of restarting after a fall ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home