True Insight Comes From Within

Tuesday, July 19

my comment

To Xiaoxiao: I really hope that I can carry on, but it costs a lot of money and time. So see lah. Buy a violin first. Do not admire anyone if they have not done anything yet. Words only cannot be trusted.

Some clarification: I am far from an idealist. And I absolutely do not think playing violin is more important than study at this age. Some people may have the misinterpretation that because I have good results, I think that results are not important. Results ARE important. But they are not all.
I understand that the message is not logically proven. Actually the title “proposition….” brings a sense of mocking. I did not intend to prove the idea. Anyway, true insight comes from within. However, my point is very clear. When everyone in the world thinks that the study is a overwhelmingly important thing, I need to provide a balanced view. To learn an instrument proves you as something more than those who can only study. And this quality should be much appreciated, especially among us, a group of academically inclined “elites” (sarcastic, do not misinterpret it again). Maybe that is one of the reasons for me to study violin.

And to Mendolssohn Vionlinkonzert e-Moll, playing violin is a talent. Appreciate it. It makes you so unique, outstanding. God bless (and to another one who can play so well).

9 Comments:

At July 19, 2005 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now ur argument seems more sound

 
At July 19, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger doktom said...

Below is the comment on the issue whether i should learn violin now from my father. From my point of view, very convincing.
当然,靠此谋生是一回事,自娱自乐又是一回事。有几个故事,你知道吗?洛克菲勒自以为最得意的不是白手起家,终成大业。他认为他最拿手的不是经营金融帝国,而是他能做几把独一无二的木头椅子。可那样的椅子三流的木匠也看不上眼。丘吉尔的领导才能举世公认。可他自己,认为那无人问津的绘画才是他最擅长的。爱因斯坦,没听说过有人欣赏他的小提琴。如果有,也是因为他物理学的成就。客观地说,也许没有人喜欢他们的木工活、绘画和小提琴;大家是根据他们的成就来评价的。
Maybe many people do not like to take the area they are strongest in as their interests.
And I seriously do not have time

 
At July 19, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger doktom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 20, 2005 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humm... We, human beings, are irrational and strange. We are perpetually chasing after an illusion of what we want, ignoring the rest of the world. We are always envious of and lamenting about what we do not have, instead of appreciating what we are born with and given. Pity to all of us, unappreciative human beings.

 
At July 20, 2005 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

笑啦,学一个violin也要争论这么久,把写blog的时间用来学谱多好...靠此谋生?!笑,刚看完我猜,音乐系美女,那人长得,那琴弹得,那气质,那都是极品阿...自娱自乐倒还不错,哪天我也试试.你要是得了诺贝尔,就算你只会弹3个音,那你也是别人眼中的全才...

 
At July 20, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger doktom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 20, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger doktom said...

next time i will carefully choose the words i quoted. otherwise there will be a lot of misinterpretation.

 
At August 28, 2005 11:42 AM, Blogger doktom said...

err.why compare my thoughts with GP. it is not school work. pls man

 
At December 14, 2009 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any changes coming ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home