True Insight Comes From Within

Sunday, July 31

Source of happiness

A long time ago, one of my friends told me that he always feel unhappy. I did not understand him. I thought it was a special case. So I went around and asked other friends, I got the same answers. I was surprised, shocked. I thought that we had everything, supporting parents, schoolmates, friends. We spend money like it comes from nowhere. We were never short of anything and even relatively good in academic results as compared with most of our peers. Why we are still unhappy?
As time passed by I start to see the reasons. Not everyone can hold the source of happiness. I saw friends worrying, cursing for trivial, spending large amount of time investigating others’ opinions but never thought of changing ourselves. A funny paradox.
I could not understand them until the day I did the same thing. Over conscious about others’ opinions. Worry for trivial. Sometimes I just stone there, without thinking anything. Then I realized that I have lost the source of happiness.
People say that you will cherish the thing only when you lost it.

6 Comments:

At July 31, 2005 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we live in the world where others' opinions become the "truth". we are not who we are, but who others think we are. it's nothing wrong to worry abt others' opinions.

 
At August 02, 2005 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anything comes true, I would like to have a twin brother who can understand me and accompany me (or accompanied by me) whenever I am.

 
At August 02, 2005 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.. don't u think if there is no others opinions, you may not formulate your own opinion for most time. one needs to adapt to others' opinions so as to remain as part of society. if we can progress by merely relying on our own opinions, then the daily communication and interaction with people will be absolutely meaningless.
From a religious point of view, one comes to the world to endure suffering. only after that can he obtain eternal happiness... (sounds like laggy yrself, haha)

 
At August 04, 2005 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you realise that you are far from being perfect, you start to worry. Being worried in a sense helps you improve yourself.

 
At August 06, 2005 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one sentence:Life is like a dream...

 
At August 26, 2005 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw friends worrying, cursing for trivial, spending large amount of time investigating others’ opinions but never thought of changing ourselves.


Source of unhappiness come in different forms , bt I think the main cause is ppl tend to focus on what they have not reached rather than what they have obtained . And when they do appretiate what they have achieved , they become more self-assured that they deserve more .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home